Our training programmes are designed to meet the needs of healthcare professionals working in around diabetic care. The programmes are bespoke to meet specific requirements. The level of training ranges from training local specialists to deliver the programmes, or inviting our national team to coordinate and deliver your diabetes training programme.
- Classification of types of diabetes mellitus and accurate diagnosis Screening for type 2 diabetes and pre diabetes.
- Epidemiology of diabetes in Nigeria. Day to day living choices.
- Prevention, detection, maintenance and treatment of complications (BP, lipids, chronic kidney disease).
- Working through the oral hyperglycaemia treatment pathway. Including international guidelines, individual target setting, blood glucose monitoring, hypoglycaemia.
- Sick day rules.
- Assessing the risk of developing a diabetes foot problem and foot care advice.
- Structured care for people with type 1, type 2 and pre-diabetes. Reflecting on service delivery.